A couple of my brides went bridal gown shopping and it was the most exciting day for them. Can you imagine shopping for the dress of your dreams so you can marry the man of your dreams. The thought of your groom seeing you in that bridal gown for the first time while walking down the aisle has to be so exciting.
Choosing a bridal gown is a unique experience, one you might want to share with a close friend or your mother. Usually, they can provide valuable input, and honesty. Before you begin shopping imagine yourself walking down the aisle. Will you have a formal church wedding, an intimate garden ceremony, or an informal ceremony on the beach. You should choose a dress that fits the formality of your ceremony. Below are six gown-shopping tips on what to wear and bring when shopping for your bridal gown.
- A strapless bra ~ to give you the versatility to try on all gown styles.
- Sheer control-top panty-hose or regular sheer panty-hose.
- Shoes the same heel height you'll wear on your BIG day.
- The hairstyle you plan on wearing on your wedding day.
- Photos or tearsheets of dress styles you like.
- Photos and/or descriptions of ceremony and reception site.