- Register for your gift preferences with your fiance'.
- Ask relatives, bridal party and friends to spread the word about where you are registered.
- Suggest that your maid of honor send out a "wedding newsletter" to other bridal party members, and shower guests, updating them on wedding details and listing where you are registered.
- Never print where you are registered on wedding invitations. It is acceptable; however, for shower hostesses to list where you're registered or enclose printed registry cards inside invitations.
- Keep all enclosure cards and accurate gift records. Buy a wedding-planning notebook or gift-record book from a bridal salon, stationer, or bookstore as soon as you get engaged.
Beverly Harris Weddings & Events