Some brides find it hard to relax and leave all the final details to the professionals (wedding vendors). Here's a list of "TO DO's" I provide my clients one week prior to the wedding.
1 Week Before the Wedding
- Pamper yourself with a relaxing massage, a manicure and a facial treatment.
- The groom will want to get a haircut.
- Give final count to the reception facility, caterer and bartending service.
- Remind men in the wedding party to pick up their formal wear and to double check the fit.
- Prepare your toasts of thanks to family and friends to be presented at the reception.
- Make a schedule outlining the details of the wedding day and give a copy to each person in the wedding party at your rehearsal.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
- Mail "thank you" gifts to parents to arrive just after the wedding.
1 to 2 Days Before the Wedding
- Attend the rehearsal with the minister/officiant, and wedding party.
- Enjoy your rehearsal dinner with family and friends.
- Set aside a quiet time to exchange gifts with your partner.
- Take a long, soaking, relaxing, warm bath before going to bed.
- Do your best to get to bed early the night before your wedding.
Beverly Harris Weddings & Events